Tuesday, December 9, 2008




Well, it is about time I updated our blog again. For the past couple of weeks Bryan has been inferring that we would not be having a Christmas Tree this year, because we do not have room. I have not felt that way so while he was involved in a meeting yesterday morning I rearranged our home a little and provided a perfect place for a small tree. I then went on line and found where we could go cut down a tree. When he came home he was quickly convinced that we could do it.

It was great to go and cut down a tree, but we found that it is not half so much fun as when we have kids to to with us, whether we are in Oregon, up past Logan on snowmobiles, out to Tooele, or just down to the Christmas tree lot in Bountiful. As we got to the Tree Farm, nobody was around. We drove into the farm a ways and as we started out a pickup approached us. We were told that the farm is only open on weekends, but if we would follow him he would let us get a tree. After we had followed him for about 3 miles he left us with a saw to cut the tree, then he returned about 1/2 hour later to collect.

As you can see by the photos we now have a tree and although I did not bring any decorations we do feel a little like Christmas.

11 comments:

Stacie S-H said...

Yes it fits PERFECT! Good job Sis Weston on rearranging everything to make it work : ) Merry Christmas to you guys!

Lynette and Anthony said...

I wish I could have been there! It looks perfect! I think your tree is bigger than ours :)
We love and miss you both!!

Rebekah B. said...

I think you're tree looks great! I think you may have more decorations on your tree than we have on ours. :) Ahh, the joys of picking out trees with dad - good times!

Candice said...

Merry Christmas!
Love,
The Karper's

Rachel said...

I love the tree!! Thanks for posting pictures of it! I have many fond memories of cutting down trees with you two, I wish we were there this year.

(Pining in Oregon - remember Sara?)

Matt and Shari Bailey said...

Hi Pres. and Sister Weston! I just wanted to wish you both a very Merry Christmas and how lucky you are to celebrate it again out in the mission field! Things are going well on our end and we hope to move out east somewhere in the fall for grad school for my husband and we hope its in New York or UConn! That way we can take a trip and see you guys if you're still there!

Love Shari

Unknown said...

Ahh, pining . . . how I miss it. I knew that once Mom found a place to cut one, Dad would be all over it. Merry Christmas!

Michelle & Steve said...

I remember one year when we went to cut a tree and the only kind of tree available was really a tall bush. It did look a little better when we decorated it though. And it was very fun to cut it ourselves. In any case, I think you found the perfect size tree. I'm sure Dad looks at it every day and thinks, "I love this tree. I'm so lucky to have a wife who insisted on having a tree this year!"

Gates & Tausha said...

beautiful!!! i love hearing your updates!! merry christmas!!!

(we sent our card to your utah address....oops...hopefully gets forwarded?!)

much love always!!!

Diane said...

Remember the time we went to cut a tree down and Candy Rogers fell through the ice into the pond? That was my favorite tree-cutting-down time!

Sarah said...

My grandma (and my great-grandma) used to have trees just like those. Ahh . . . you're taking me back. Actually, my grandma Morse had one that was that size, but it was fake and flocked. It was a tiny white monstrosity of Christmas, but it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy thinking about it. Hope you had a merry Christmas. We lOVE you.